Monday, September 12, 2011

Day 8: Three wishes day
1. For a happy life filled with happy moments and happy people
2. To be able to look back on my life when I'm in a rocking chair and think "Wow...you rocked gaaaallfriend"
3. FOR THE HSC TO JUST FINISH ALREADY. IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK!?

So yesterday was the 10 year anniversary of 9/11. I honestly can't believe I was only seven years old when it happened- I still vividly remember that morning. Yesterday I was scrolling down my newsfeed and I was so sickened to see some of the comments people were making about 9/11, some even making jokes about it. Any loss of life is a tragedy. No wonder people think so lowly of our generation...

Here is a beautiful photo of the lights which shone from Ground Zero in the place of the towers. There's something about the lights hitting the clouds which gives me goosebumps.


We shouldn't only remember the horrors of the event however. I read an amazing article from the New York Times called "In Love with Death", and it's about how we should "recall the hour of human decency", along with grieving and war. Click here if you're interested in reading the article!