Monday, February 27, 2012

Lana Del Rey, GO AWAY!

So I kind of need to get this out of my system. You know how there's always those people that you just really can't stand? Well for me it was always Jessica Watson...and then I discovered Lana Del Rey. When I first came across her, my only thoughts were "Wow, she's had stuff done to her lips" and "This music is kind of boring...what's all the fuss about her?", then proceeded to carry on with my life. Fast forward a week, and I was reading the Good Weekend which had a feature on her. Interested, I read it instead of flipping past it. Let's just say that the article made me really angry!

It turns out that before she became 'Lana Del Rey', she was called Elizabeth Grant. She released an album which was basically a mega-flop, and then with the help of her millionare father she reinvented' herself as Lana Del Rey (including getting plastic surgery...). Kudos to her for succeeding in getting famous...but doesn't she give out a bad message? That with lots of money you can really do anything? Her and Jessica Watson are kind of in the same boat (pun intended).

 Oh, and once she got internationally famous she bailed on her Australian tour. I think the most confusing part of this action is why people bought tickets to see her live in the first place! Her recorded music isn't that bad, but would you want to watch her sing for an hour? Watch the video below to make up your mind...I think I'd rather watch two slugs humping each other...