Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Camp report

I need to vent:
THE FOOD AND ACCOMMODATION AT CAMP WAS SOOOO BAADDDDDDD!
The menu consisted of ham sandwiches, watery rice, and various other meals which left me no other option but to resort to the cup noodles which I packed in my suitcase. They also only served us WATER at night, leaving me thirsty throughout the duration of the days which consisted of seminars concerning 'Study Skills'. The accommodation made jails look like the Park Hyatt.

On a lighter note, the landscape was beautiful. It was amazing that it was only a 40 minute drive from the city and it was that relaxing, it felt like I was on the coast some 6 hours away. Some of the seminars were really interesting, including one on time management, which I really tried to listen to, trying not to fall asleep after watching Buffy all night (Riley and Spike are really sexy). We also had a guy come and talk to us about date rape and somehow managed to make it really enjoyable and funny! I learnt that the best method to get out of a bad situation is rather than trying to punch them down and run, go along with it then ask to go to the bathroom, then leave from there. HOW SMART IS THAT!?

On another lighter note, our grade watched the movie Lars and the Real Girl. Ryan Gosling. Yes. He is such an amazing actor and the movie in general is really something special. It was our last camp for high school, and even though it was bad accommodation, food, and one to many prank calls, anything that involves my friends means that I have the best time ever (cheesy I know...)

Thankyou for putting up with my rant. Now for some pretty pictures which sum up my mood now i'm Home, Sweet Home.





It's raining and cold outside...