Today I did something terrible.
I allowed myself to walk into a shopping centre with all the money I had.
I spent it all.
EVERY LAST CENT.
Before the State Drama Festival, I bought a really cute dress, and on the way to the theatre I saw a gorgeous top and tried it on. I decided to test my self control, and to my surprise I somehow managed to put the top back and walk out of the store. Continuing on down the road, I said to myself "Wow Chloe, you have totally changed your ways..you showed some self control!". I said this in my head of course...what, you think I'm some weirdo who talks to themselves, like the drunk guy who was sitting opposite you on the train this morning? (*awkward silence*)
After we performed at the festival (which went awesomely), I decided to drop by my local Westfield to waste some time.
Bad decision Chloe. I spent the rest of my money. ALL OF MY BABYSITTING MONEY. But hey, on the way out I got a free Large Skim Capp. with one sugar for FREE because I did a 2 minute survey for Westfield. Nothing, I repeat, NOTHING tastes better than free coffee.
In the past 2 days since I have posted I have had many life-changing realisations:
1. I HATE TOE RINGS. My EXTREME hatred for such insults to fashion is well summarised in the following quote made by my acquaintance Phoebe: 'Toe rings....should just go and die in a hole". AMEN TO THAT SISTER. Toes are gross. Rings on toes are grosser.
2. Everyone should read 'The Happiness Trap' by Dr Russ Harris. STOP STRUGGLING, START LIVING!. So motivational/inspiring, while pretty funny at the same time. It's a book entirely dedicated to happiness and how be genuinely happy. Guaranteed entertainment when read aloud at lunchtimes with friends.
3. Yoga is amazing. I started the new course on Wednesday night and I can truly say that it is amazing (couldn't find a better word...). I walked in to a dimly lit room with yoga mats and blankets spread out in a circle, calming music playing in the background. The session began with 5 minutes of just lying still, followed by an hour of yoga (which wasn't too difficult), and finished with 15 minutes of relaxation, where my instructor placed a blanket and an aromatherapy mask on my. I have NEVER been so relaxed in my entire life. When I stood up after the lesson had finished I nearly toppled over due to the fact that I was so relaxed.
4. Never eat chocolate mousse with musk-sticks and biscuits as forks, washing it down with lemonade. While it may be tasty/seem like a good idea at the time, when you feel like you are going to vomit just before you go on stage you will regret it. Promise.
5. I learnt how to say 'I want you' in Spanish: Te de so. To say to my chocolate bar, of course.
Ta taa my darrrrlings
P.S. Please excuse my lack of photos. Blame it on my stupid computer which WON'T LET ME UPLOAD ANY
end of 2016 - Yikes, what is the function of this blog anymore? Everything is basically on my Instagram, but out of habit or a need for tidiness, here's the latest...(cr...
7 months ago