Things I have gone and done in the first five days of Summer:
1. Saw Perks of being a Wallflower. [Spoilers]. In summary, let's just say that the ads before the movie were more engaging than the film. The characters didn't have depth (except for Patrick and Charlie) which made it hard to care about them, the majority of the dialogue fell flat, the random philosophical one-liners like "We accept the love we think we deserve" along the normal dialogue was like a kid in year nine doing an English exam and finally remembering a smart sentence they had memorised, Emma Watson's American accent (enough said), the story was too slow, and finally, the story-line where Charlie was abused by his Auntie was just way too obvious in the movie. What worked for the book was that it was really subtle and was pretty much left to the reader to put two and two together. I wish I could say the book was better but they're pretty much just the same as each other. That said, Ezra Miller was INCREDIBLE as Patrick and was undoubtedly the best thing about the movie.
2. THE CHRISTMAS TREE IS UP! It looks amazing, and the whole house smells like THIS beautiful Christmas Party Glasshouse Candle which has infected me with the Christmas spirit. Now time to start Christmas shopping!
3. I've been buying way too many things from General Pants-the staff discount has brought me off the rails. Most recently I bought THESE beauties which are working quite a treat. I even managed to hike up some giant rocks without even breaking them/getting a scratch. If that's not the perfect customer review I don't know what is.
4. Had a perfect night to kick off Summer. Sat on a wharf with le Special Someone eating Pad Thai in a summery dress as the sun set. Then a boat went past playing pretty music. Wondering if any other Summer nights this season will beat it.
5. I was shopping the other day (OH THE HORROR?????!) and in Kikki K and nearly died from an overdose of amazing potential Christmas presents. Also, seeing all the 2013 Diaries got me SO PUMPED FOR NEXT YEAR. There's nothing quite like having the clock tick over to a new year and having a fresh diary with empty pages. Even though this year has been one of the best of my life, I am so incredibly excited for next year!
end of 2016 - Yikes, what is the function of this blog anymore? Everything is basically on my Instagram, but out of habit or a need for tidiness, here's the latest...(cr...
7 months ago