Monday, August 9, 2010

Day 11

Day 11- Another picture of you and your friends
Yeah, sorry, can't be bothered. I'll do it tomorrow.

My cold, despite my hopeful remarks involving 'it' going away, has gotten worse. However, me officially dropping maths has made up for my lack of well being (for the time being). Next term can not come fast enough- all the subjects I am doing I LOVE, and I am also going to get a squillion free periods....yeah, you should be jealous.

Onto a more random note, I'm usually a fan of the photographer Steven Meisel's work (I actually think I dedicated a blog-post to him earlier in the year...or maybe it was a figment of my imagination....), but today I heard that his latest shoot for Vogue Italia was inspired by the terrible BP oil spill in the gulf of Mexico. I have 3 words for you Steven: WHAT THE HELL . Oh, and GET A LIFE.Seriously. Models dressed in feathers and nets to evoke images of the affected wildlife? It's kind of ridiculous.
And of course, it has stirred up debate on the web: crass exploitation aimed to drum up controversy (and newsstand sales), or work of art that serves to raise awareness? IT'S KIND OF OBVIOUSLY THE FIRST ONE. Stop exploiting man-made disasters as fashion statements! I vote that Meisel donates the equivalent of the cost of the shoot to wildlife programs helping the animals affected by the spill.

There is a little taste of what the shoot has to offer. Impressed? I WOULD HOPE NOT!

Now my rant is over with, I put it to you that I hope you are having a fine evening. Oh, that I want the shoes below. Steal them for me? Thanks.