Sunday, January 23, 2011

Day 2/30

Day 2: Where you'd like to be in 10 years
I'm going to interpret this as not just in terms of location but life in general.
10 years from now I will be turning 27 in less than a month. Ideally, by that age, I would like to be in a long term relationship (not married), no kids (I'll have two at the most once my career is steady...if it ever is......), and be  living in an apartment overseas. It's not that I hate Australia and want to leave as soon as I can, it's just that I want to see the world while I'm young and gain independence. Job-wise, I would hope that by then I would have a full time job as a solicitor....and succeeding....that would be nice....due to my career aim being to be partner at a firm by the age of 30 (once I'm a partner I'll consider kids....even though babies gross me out a little). I know it sounds a tad Utopian but anything is possible if you put your mind to it...except stapling jelly to a tree.
And becoming a guy. But even that's possible nowadays.

I'm never getting married. If I ever do, you can print out this post and shove it in my face, laughing. But seriously. You're probably thinking that I'm just trying to be unorthodox, but it's just that when you're not married and you're with someone, you are together because you both genuinely want to be together, not because some marriage certificate has bound you together and divorce is such a hassle. You don't need a marriage certificate to be in love......sounds cheesy but it's totally legit. A Tiffany and Co engagement would look nice on my finger....I'd agree to being engaged forever? I wouldn't mind that.

I am now off to the train station to catch a train to Wollongong. Hopefully I will finish If On A Winters Night A Traveller. If I don't, then I'm going to cry and throw a tantrum like my little brother when he isn't allowed to go fishing. Seriously. It's TAKEN ME SO LONG. NJFKDSNFJKDSNF.