So after a long day (and yes, I had a coffee this morning. It has never tasted so good), I came home, made tea, and got on Tumblr. It was so peaceful and quiet, then at approximately 6.30pm the door bell starts ringing frantically. I run over to open the door, and Mum, Dad and my little brother Chris run in. Mum's yelling, Dad's yelling, and all I can make out is that Dad's sliced his finger really badly and has to go to hospital. Before running back out the door, Mum yells at me to make Chris dinner while they go to hospital.
I honestly couldn't cook to save my life. Only last year did I learn how to 'make' cup noodles (I used to think that you put the sachets in the boiling water, not pour the contents out into the noodles), and I don't even know how to turn an oven on.
After Mum and Dad had gone to hospital, Chris started watching TV and I opened the pantry doors, looking at the shelves like an idiot. I thought I could get away with giving Chris toast or cup noodles for dinner, but I knew that he would tell Mum, so I began to search for things I could 'cook'.
In the pantry, all I could see were ingredients, and I don't know what to do with any of them, so I looked in the fridge instead. My eyes settled on a packet of Coles Butter Chicken that Dad must have bought a couple of days ago. I picked it up and on the back of the packet it says what to do with it. I needed to:
1. Take the lid off
2. Poke holes in the plastic sheet
3. Put it in the microwave for 3 minutes
I took the lid off, found a knife to stab a few holes, then put it in the microwave. It took me an embarrassingly long time to get it to 3 minutes- first I set it to 3 seconds, then 30 seconds, then 18 seconds (don't ask). I FINALLY got it to 3 minutes, and when it started cooking I genuinely asked Chris to back away from it due to me being scared that I did something wrong (like not stabbing enough holes) and that it might blow up. Recently I placed a yogo in its cup in the microwave, and it didn't occur to me that you can't put that sort of plastic in microwaves. I was watching it turn around in the microwave when all of a sudden there was a white light which I could see for a long time whenever I blinked. It burnt a hole through the plastic, but I are the yogo anyway. It didn't occur to me that it could have poisoned the yogo or something.
So yeah, the butter chicken survived and Chris, Phoebe and I ate it. I COOKED SOMEEETHINGGG!!!!
I'm in love with this guy's videos. HE'S SOOO CUTTEE HFUISHLNFJSDKHNFS.
end of 2016 - Yikes, what is the function of this blog anymore? Everything is basically on my Instagram, but out of habit or a need for tidiness, here's the latest...(cr...
11 months ago