Saturday, October 8, 2011

GRADUAL BUILD UP OF TENSION UNTIL IT EXPLODES

I don't know why I made that the heading....oh wait, MY HSC STARTS IN 10 DAYS! Yeah, you heard right. Ten. T-E-N. The number that when written backwards spells NET.
So yeah, that's what's been distracting me from blogging over the past few days. I've been studying like a maniac, drinking waaaayyy (and I mean waaaayyy) to much coffee, sleeping, eating, and then filling in the gaps in my life with more studying.
Over the past couple of days, however, I've been compiling a list of random things to write about when I eventually logged back on to Blogger.com.
1. The other day, I don't know why, but I began thinking about the video 'World's Biggest Pimple'. Thinking about the video turned me off food for the rest of the day. Click here if you haven't seen it.
2. A couple of days ago I walked into my room and sat at my desk to find a GIANT cardboard box. On the top  of it, there was a note saying "To my dearest Chloe, from your lover".  I opened it to find a mouldy sandwich, that was so incredibly mouldy that it was entirely (ENTIRELY) green, with patches of BLACK and PINK. PINK MOULD. It was like a rainbow of mould.  Thanks Phoebe xoxoxoxox
3. I was really saddened to hear of Steve Job's death. I knew that he had recently resigned from Apple and was terminally ill, but I didn't understand the severeness of his cancer, thinking that we'd all see him continue on to do great things in the near future. My Facebook news feed was full of Steve Job-related status updates, and I was pretty disappointed to see people making jokes about his death. I don't really see what's funny about a man dying from cancer...One status was so incredibly stupid and shallow that I saved it so I could post it on here: "steve jobs definitely isnt a revolutionary or genius, apple just made certain things before other people". What just topped off the status was his friend's comment:  "yeh he just invented things for hipsters. oh wait he didn't invent them. but some guy did". A) Apple made "certain things before other people" BECAUSE Steve Jobs was a creative genius. B) As for his friend's comment....how about you learn to make sense before you be disrespectful/not funny? However, among these statuses (or whatever the plural of status is), my friend posted a quote from Steve Jobs which I printed out and stuck next to my desk. "Remembering that I'll be dead soon is the most important tool I've ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything-all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure-these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important  Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose.You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart". RIP Steve Jobs.
4. At Edmunds and Greer, a new waiter secretly gave me free macaroons with our coffees. Needless to say, I officially have a new favourite waiter.
5. Whilst I was studying yesterday, my Nan called me up and asked if I wanted to get out of the house. I accepted her offer, and ended up having a lovely day! We went to the nursery where she chose some new flowers (and where there were numerous sexy tradies), and then went and had a coffee/caramel slice. I LOVE GRANDMAS <3.
6. My Dad's deaf friend came over for dinner the other night, and he communicates to people via notepads. It got me thinking-imagine having every conversation you ever had stored in notepads? Like a library of your conversations. 
7. You may notice some changes on the blog- I've had this layout for a LONG time (as in ever since I started the blog), and I might play around with a few things to make it look a bit sexier (well as sexy as blogs can get). Have patience! (Knowing me I'll stuff the whole thing up and my blog will look like a blank powerpoint).