Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Summer at LAST

So the weather is finally heating up (took long enough!). I haven't written here for a while because I've been busy watching Downton Abbey, and what happens when I don't write here for a while is that the 'Notes' in my iPhone of thoughts to write on my blog increases and increases until BANG. I need to update my blog. I shall arrange my thoughts numerically. Wot of eeet brah.
1. When I was trying to fall asleep the other night, I was thinking about how random sleep actually is, and how we accept it as normal. Imagine explaining sleeping to a visitor from another planet. "Each night, as the moon rises and the sky goes dark, every individual on Earth goes unconscious until the sun rises, and sometimes have weird visions whilst unconscious called dreams. Yeah". It kind of sounds like an idea out of a tacky science fiction movie...
2. You all probably know by now that I'm a bit of a history junkie. I was reading my new favourite book 'A History of the World in 100 Objects', and I came across a part explaining how in the Bronze Age the average life expectancy was only 25. Basically some archaeologists came across a golden cape while digging at a site near Wales, and found that it would have only really fit a teenager. It then occurred to them that given that the life expectancy was 25, the teenagers were probably the leaders of society, and thus it would have been a teenager wearing the cape. MIND BLOWN. It got me thinking about how different my life would be if the life expectancy was only 25. I would spend a lot less time thinking about my future because this would be my future. It made me realise how much I spend thinking about doing things 'in the future' rather than actually doing them! I've got to make the most of each day (and that requires putting a stop to watching Friends in bed all day). 
3. I was in the Lindt Cafe the other day and they had their Valentines Day products out. I WANT A PROPER VALENTINE. Foreveeerr aallonnneeeeeeeeee. I'm thinking I'll watch some crappy movie in bed whilst drinking coffee, because coffee really is the love of my life.
4. Speaking of love, I've fallen head over heels for Downton Abbey. Everything about it is just so, so perfect. The theme song is also absolutely beautiful. Click here to hear it.
5. I met up with an old friend called Srestha for dinner last night! It's always great to meet up with friends you haven't seen in ages. AND she has a blog! Click here to check it out.
6. Last but not least, I need to rant. It's when pictures ARE NOT worth a thousand words! I've been on Tumblr a once or twice in the past week, and I noticed how much it has changed since I first got it! In case some of you don't have Tumblr, basically if people like a photo you 'like' it or 'reblog' it which gives the photo 'notes'. So if a photo is extremely popular, it will have thousands of notes. When I first got Tumblr, the pictures which had the most notes were beautiful photographs. They were art. When I went on it this week, I thought I'd save a few photos to show you which had over 20 000 notes each.