Here were my favourite parts/random thoughts regarding the movie as a whole:
- The breaking into Gringotts scene COULD NOT have been done any better. The special effects with the dragon and in the vault (with the multiplying of the gold/silver) was absolutely surreal.
- All of the young actors really lifted their game acting-wise and this made the movie all the more better
- I was pretty disappointed that they left out the Grindelwald/Dumbledore flashback! I guess they had to fit it in to a time limit, but still.
- Alan Rickman was absolutely amazing. Honestly, he stole the movie. Despite him dying NOT IN THE SHRIEKING SHACK LIKE IN THE BOOK, he played the part so well and I hope that he gets nominated for some huge award and wins it. The part where Harry watches Snape's memories was so beautifully done.
- Ron and Hermoine's kiss, although not happening in same context of the book, was so gorgeous. Aaahhhh not disappointing at ALL.
- I was disappointed that they left out the part where they go the to Ravenclaw common-room! Again, because of the time limit of course they would have had to leave some parts out, but I would have loved to have seen it.
- The music was incredible. I'm definitely buying the soundtrack when it comes out.
- NEVILLE LONGBOTTOM FOR THE WIN! I loved that they gave him a relatively major role!
- Mrs Weasley could not have said the line "not my daughter, you bitch!" any more legendary! WOOO! Our entire cinema cheered.
- The scene in the Room of Requirement was fantastic! The cinematography with the fire etc was incredible! Very true to the book.
- FILCH IS AN ABSOLUTE LEGEND. I had tears of laughter when we came in saying "students out of bed, students out of bed!" and at the end when he was in the background of a shot with a broom attempting to clean up Hogwarts!
- I nearly died laughing when Voldemort awkwardly hugged Malfoy. So. Hilarious. Voldy attempting to show some affection! Cuute.
- The scene where Harry goes to meet his fate and turns the Resurrection Stone was sooooo beautiful. Seeing Sirius, Lily, James and Lupin there with him was pretty sad/nice.
- The scene where Harry is in the sort of Purgatory with Dumbledore was EXACTLY how I imagined it in the book. And when he returns to Earth, I was so excited that they kept the part where Narcissa Malfoy checking to see if Harry was alive and asking about Malfoy. That part made me cry in the book :) Show's that everyone has the capacity for good and evil.
- 19 YEARS LATER. ROFL AT EVERYONE LOOKING OLD. AAAAAHHH it was such a great end. So positive. And I love how they brought back the theme from the original movie!
- Daniel Radcliffe: He absolutely mastered the character of Harry by the last two films.
- Jason Isaac as Lucius Malfoy was amazing, and a special mention goes to Helena Bonham Carter for her perfection as Bellatrix Lestrange.
Overall I thought that it was absolutely fantastic. It was never going to be perfect, but it got pretty damn close. Everyone is saying it's the 'end of an era'. It's not-it's only the end of the movies coming out. The magic will only die if you let it! I'm not letting it die anytime soon :) As Alan Rickman said in an interview: “When I’m 80 years old and sitting in my rocking chair, I’ll be reading Harry Potter. And my family will say to me, “After all this time?” And I will say, “Always.”